Build Quassel on Windows Mingw » History » Version 27
« Previous -
Next » -
avih, 07/07/2012 01:10 PM
Build Quassel on Windows Mingw¶
Build Quassel with QT only¶
Step 1: Install QT SDK¶
Download and install the QT SDK and select mingw to install with QT.
Step 2: Install DBGHELP Mingw¶
If you are using mingw w64 skip this step
Download DBGHELP Mingw and extract it to your mingw root. Alternatively, get libdbghelp.7z and extract libdbghelp.a to <mingw>/lib, and get dbghelp.h from here and put it at <mingw>/include, however, I CANNOT VOUCH FOR THESE FILES, I just "fished" them from warzone2010 dev files and mingw's bug tracker, but they did work for me (-avih).
Step 3: Install CMake¶
- "git clone git://gitorious.org/quassel/quassel.git"
- open a command line
- add mingw to your path (set PATH=%PATH%;'mingwdir')
- add cmake to your path (analog to mingw)
- add QT to yo your path, 'qt\version'\qt\bin
- switch to the directory where you checked out Quassel
- type "mkdir build"
- type "cd build"
- type "cmake -G "MinGW Makefiles" .."
- type "mingw32-make"
Build Quassel with Windows KDE¶
- got to the Emerge Tutorial
- check out emerge and set up the kdesettings.bat acording to the kde tutorial
- install quassel "emerge quassel-qt" or "emerge quassel" to build quassel with kdesupport, emerge will install all dependency's for you
- when emerge has finished all jobs, start quassel
The steps above would also be possible with msvc2008
Notes after following this guide with mingw which comes with QTSDK (1.2.1)¶
- Cmake can be downloaded here . I got the windows binary zip file, extracted it, and added the path of the 'bin' dir within it.
- The mingw bin dir is
<QTSDK-dir>\mingw\bin, the QT path is
- The official 0.8 tarball failed to build after 80% with the following error (which I couldn't fix):
mingw32-make: *** No rule to make target `po/qt_cs.qm', needed by `po/CMakeFiles/po'. Stop. mingw32-make: *** [po/CMakeFiles/po.dir/all] Error 2 mingw32-make: *** [all] Error 2
- Fixed at 2012-07-07.
The cloned git maser (2012-07-05) failed at cmake due to unsupported QT_DBUS. I manually deleted 'DBus' from the quassel client CmakeList.txt file (quassel/src/client/CmakeList.txt) here:
if(NOT WITH_QT5) setup_qt_variables(Gui Network *DBus*)
- After successfully compiling the cloned git master, I needed the following DLLs at the same dir as the exe: QtCore4.dll QtGui4.dll QtNetwork4.dll QtWebKit4.dll libgcc_s_dw2-1.dll mingwm10.dll phonon4.dll. These files can be copied from the mingw and the QT dirs, or from the win32 official quassel distribution package here (7-zip can extract the windows installer, these files are in there).