per chat history odd behavior with /commands
When enabling the per-chat history in 0.6.0rc1, I see an odd behavior.
Switch to a channel, type /me whatever.
It sends it to the channel as if it was quoted. Ie, you see "/me whatever" in the chanel litterally.
After that first time it seems to behave fine.
So, there seems to be a bug where it's not seeing /commands the first time you do something in a channel or when switching around.
I will try and see if there are any other cases. Thanks for implementing per-chat history! ;)
#5 Updated by nirik almost 14 years ago
ok. More news here, just did some testing.
The core of the problem seems to be that I had a italic font set for my input widget, this causes it sometimes to send ] and confuse things.
- Go to configure -> input widget -> custom font. Check the box and set it to a font thats 'italic' and apply.
- Go to a channel and type something, but don't hit return.
- Go to another channel and first thing type '/me actions' in input and hit return. I think it's sending ']/me actions]' For just that line. It then goes back to normal in that chat.
So, the workaround is: don't do bold/italic custom fonts in input.
But it seems like it's somehow picking that up after a change and sending it out.
Can you see it based on that?
#6 Updated by MarcLandis almost 14 years ago
- Status changed from Feedback to Resolved
- Target version changed from 0.6.0 to 0.7.0
- % Done changed from 0 to 90