storage location of quasselclient.conf is not configurable
After changing the default location for configuration files quasselcore.conf successfully migrated to the customized --configdir. quasselclient.conf always stays at the new default location ~/.config/quassel-irc.org regardless of the --configdir setting.
#1 Updated by Sputnick over 13 years ago
- Status changed from New to Feedback
- Target version set to 0.4.0
- % Done changed from 0 to 80
Works for me:
sputnick@axion tbuild % ./quassel --configdir=~/tmp/fubar *** IMPORTANT: Config and data file locations have changed. Attempting to auto-migrate your client settings... * Your client settings have been migrated to "/home/sputnick/tmp/fubar/quasselclient.conf" *** Migration completed. 2009-01-22 20:32:06 Warning: SslServer: Certificate file /home/sputnick/tmp/fubar/quasselCert.pem does not exist 2009-01-22 20:32:06 Warning: SslServer: Unable to set certificate file Quassel Core will still work, but cannot provide SSL for client connections. Please see http://quassel-irc.org/faq/cert to learn how to enable SSL support. 2009-01-22 20:32:06 Warning: SslServer: Certificate file /home/sputnick/tmp/fubar/quasselCert.pem does not exist *** IMPORTANT: Config and data file locations have changed. Attempting to auto-migrate your core settings... * Your core settings have been migrated to "/home/sputnick/tmp/fubar/quasselcore.conf" * Your database has been moved to "/home/sputnick/tmp/fubar/quassel-storage.sqlite" *** Migration completed. 2009-01-22 20:32:06 Info: Storage Backend is ready. Quassel Schema Version: 13 2009-01-22 20:32:06 Info: Restoring previous core state... sputnick@axion tbuild % ls ~/tmp/fubar quasselclient.conf quasselcore.conf quassel-storage.sqlite sputnick@axion tbuild %
Please try again and make sure you did nothing wrong; if it still fails, please describe exactly what you did. Migration code for core and client settings is identically, and they both use
Quassel::configDirPath() to determine the new files' location, so I don't see how this could fail, and I obviously can't reproduce.
#2 Updated by billie over 13 years ago
1. Stop core
2. Move files (quasselCert.pem quasselclient.conf quasselcore.conf quassel-storage.sqlite) to /tmp/fubar
3. Start core with "quasselore --configdir=/tmp/fubar"
4. All files are recognized in the location for configdir passed to quasselcore besides quasselclient.conf which is ignored and created at ~/.config/quassel-irc.org
5. Getting almost kick-banned on a few channels after doing this ten times within 15 minutes ;-)