Implement authentification for GUI/Core
Of course, any GUI client needs to authenticate with the core before connecting... implement this, maybe password challenge or something like that. Ask phon for advice.
- Architecture changes mostly complete:
- Core has been split in Core (static) and CoreSession (per-user objects)
- Connection stuff has been moved out of CoreProxy into Core
- Lots of cleanups, and we have finally real singletons!
- Global is now (externally) a static class -- changes throughout the code
- Monolithic Quassel works (or at least it seems to)
- Standalone Core and GUI disabled for now:
- While most of the new infrastructure is in place in Core, we still need GUI stuff for auth (BR #17)
- Syncing with Core as well as getting session states not done yet
Next steps will include the redesign of the GUI to make that cleaner as well (BR #41)
Yay! After months, distributed client/core operation is working again!
There is still some work left concerning menu states, progress bar, and the dialog,
and also we don't have user management yet (so you have to use user "Default" and
password "password" for both internal and external cores), but basically it's working.
This also (finally!) closes BR #17.
#1 Updated by Sputnick over 16 years ago
This falls naturally in the currently emerging context of having multiple core users as well as global and local GUI profiles. It is also interconnected with the new storage backend that is currently being implemented. For these reasons, I am reassigning this to me.