Build Quassel on Windows Mingw » History » Version 13
Build Quassel on Windows Mingw¶
You have two possibilitys to build Quassel with Mingw¶
- The QT only Way
- The Windows KDE Way
The QT only Way¶
Step 1:Install QT SDK¶
Download and install the QT SDK and select mingw to install with QT.
Step 2:Install DBGHELP SDK¶
Download and install DBGHELP
Step 3:Generate the dbghelp.dll.a for mingw¶
- Open a command line
- add your mingw installation to PATH (set PATH=%PATH%;mingwdir)
- move to 'dbghelp'\sdk\lib\i386
- type "reimp -d dbghelp.lib"
- type "dlltool -k -d dbghelp.def -l dbghelp.dll.a"
- copy 'dbghelp'\sdk\lib\i386\dbghelp.dll.a to 'mingw'\lib
- copy 'dbghelp'\sdk\inc\i386\dbghelp.h to 'mingw"\include
Step 4: Install CMake¶
Checkout Quassel Mingw branch¶
- "git clone git://gitorious.org/quassel/quassel.git"
- "cd quassel"
- "git remote add -f theonering git://gitorious.org/~theonering/quassel/theonerings-quassel.git"
- "git checkout theonering/master"
- open a command line
- add mingw to your path (set PATH=%PATH%;'mingwdir')
- add cmake to your path (analog to mingw)
- switch to the directory where you checked out Quassel
- type "mkdir build"
- type "cd build"
- type "cmake -G "MinGW Makefiles" .."
- type "mingw32-make"
Currently it seems like building quassel with mingw is only possible with Windows KDE¶
- got to the Emerge Tutorial
- check out emerge and set up the kdesettings.bat acording to the kde tutorial
- install mingw4 "emerge mingw4"
- follow steps 2 and 3 on this page
- copy 'dbghelp'\sdk\lib\i386 to your 'kderoot'/lib
- copy 'dbghelp'\sdk\inc\i386 to your 'kderoot'/include
- install quassel "emerge quassel" emerge will install all dependency's for you
- when emerge has finished all jobs, start quassel
The steps above would also be possible with msvc2008