UI becomes a mix of two languages
I am using Windows Vista SP2 in English, with various locale settings set to Danish. (I generally prefer to use software in English, but am native Danish and live in Denmark.)
I downloaded the client+core static Windows build of 0.4.1 from the download page and ran it, the UI appeared in Danish. I want to change this so I immediately cancel out of the setup wizard and enter Settings. I change Sprog (Language) from "<Systemets standard>" (system standard) to "<Oprindeligt>" (original?), click OK and close the program when no change happens immediately. I then re-launch Quassel IRC. The UI has now become partly English and partly Danish, see the attached screenshot.
#2 Updated by johu almost 14 years ago
- Status changed from New to Feedback
#3 Updated by nielsm almost 14 years ago
The issue is not that the Danish translation is incomplete, it has nothing to do with the completeness of the translation.
The issue is that I change the software language to be English, but certain strings in the UI are still in Danish after restarting the application.
Reiterating with different words: Software is configured to display all text in English. Software displays certain strings in Danish despite configuration.