Implement a settings infrastructure for managing local and session-wide data
In BR #35 (GUI profiles), we have specified three major classes of settings we'd like to store:
- GUI Profile Settings
- Stored globally within the core
- Everything "session-like" that might apply to several clients. Buffer settings and visibility, views, buffer/query names, etc.
- Core Connection Profile Settings
- Everything that applys to the local client only, but might differ across different core connections.
- Core connection settings (host, user, pw)
- GUI-specific stuff - window sizes and positions
- General GUI Settings
- Fonts, styles...
In order to more easily handle these kinds of settings (Global is a mess right now, for local stuff we use QSettings, but it's also a mess to keep that consistent everywhere...), we will implement a Settings infrastructure that should make it much easier.
First step is already done: We have an interface for storing and retrieving session-wide data. This (and QSettings) will be the foundation for the Settings class hierarchy.