Implement merging of queries
One of the major features of Quassel: merging of queries
Sput and I discussed this earlier this day and actually there is not that much work to be done:
1.) in BufferTreeModel::mimeData():
- a check for the required mimetypes is missing
- get rid of the way the confirmation is implemented... the QMessageBox::Warning() is a pain in the Eye right there in the data model...
.- emit a mergeRequest (obviously...)
- tell the Core to merge the buffers in the storage
- inform the client that the old buffer id now points to a new buffer
3.) in Buffer:
- implement a method which takes the data of another buffer and includes it.
- get rid of that other Buffer :)
I think that pretty much is it... :)
#1 Updated by EgS almost 13 years ago
Reposting phone's note here:
one idea would be to create "virtual" channels in which you can see all the users which are currently available and by selecting one or many of them you can choose the receipient of the message.
the users will have to be checked (Whois) periodically as it is a virtual channel (and therefore status-information will not be provided)
#2 Updated by EgS almost 13 years ago
I think there are two good ways, and that each user should have the possibility to chose between them:
1.) handle the target for sending automatically: I think that the last sender seems like a good target.
2.) let the user chose via context menu which user the target should be sent to.