Get current OS X features working
There are several features for OS X missing which could probably be integrated by going with newer QT versions. That's why I don't split the issues into different tickets but create a list here. There's a ticket for the missing features for OS X Lion in the QT bug tracker: https://bugreports.qt-project.org/browse/QTBUG-21606 . It doesn't have everything Iist here though. I don't know how easy updating to a newer QT version is and how easy this will provide these missing features automatically.
1) Sign Quassel Client with a Developer ID
Starting with OS X 10.8 the default system settings only allow installation/execution of applications signed with a Developer ID Certificate that must be obtained from apple
Description: http://www.apple.com/osx/what-is/security.html ; https://developer.apple.com/library/mac/#releasenotes/MacOSX/WhatsNewInOSX/Articles/MacOSX10_8.html#//apple_ref/doc/uid/TP40011634-SW41
2) Native Fullscreen Mode
3) Resume after Logout/Shutdown
4) System wide text features:
5) Native Scrollbars (Disappear when scrolling action stops + slight changes made in 10.8 Mountain Lion)
If the goal is to ever distribute Quassel via the Mac App store, the application must get sandboxed
7) Text Scrolling is not very smooth atm. Seems much better on Windows. I'm not talking about scrolling far back in history where log info has to be fetched from the database.